After School Classes: Wednesdays 2:30 – 5:30 January 10 – February 7
Help them let their creative show!
- Sewing brings the imagination to life in useable and expressive ways.
- It opens up spacial thinking and invites the next challenge with confidence and courage.
- Making something with your own hands changes how you see yourself. It transforms you into one who makes stuff. Every time you make something you move from consumer to maker: your world becomes more open, more becomes possible.
Give your kid the chance to see themselves as creative, capable and full of possibility. Give them a life long skill that helps them see themselves like you see them. Sign them up for sewing class.
This after school class is for kids 9 – 16. It is designed for a student who has little to no machine sewing experience.
Skills your child will learn in Beginning Sewing.
- to use a sewing machine
- trouble-shooting simple machine issues (that happen all the time)
- to pin and cut fabric
- make and use a simple pattern
- fun fabric facts
- to make a buttonhole & sew on a button
- the mysteries of thread choice
- the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of sewing supplies
- repurposing tips and more
Making stuff makes kids hungry. Please pack them a snack.
Classes are limited to 6 students with a minimum enrollment of 4. If your class is cancelled your money will be refunded.