Beginning Machine Sewing Camp perfect for kids 8.5 and up
Nurture your child’s creative spark while feeding their sense of accomplishment. Learning to Sew can give your teen the confidence to be themselves and discover their OWN sense of style. Sewing gives a skill-set that invites creative expression. When they have that, they have a way to stand out that is healthy, unique and lasting. It’s the best gift you can give your kid – a way to be themselves.
Give your kid the chance to see themselves as creative, capable and full of possibility. Give them a life long skill that helps them see themselves like you see them. Sign them up for sewing class.
Summer Camp Dates.
All camps run from 9:30 am – 1pm. Creative work can make you hungry so please make sure your kiddo bring water and a good snack/lunch. Camp is limited to 6 students a session for health and safety. Click on the date below to register.
June 21-25 camp full
June 28 -July 2 still a few seats open!
Advanced Summer Sewing is a camp for students who are ready to work with a pattern and make clothing. (must know how to use a sewing machine)
Campers will learn to use a sewing machine and a whole lot more. They make a bag with a hidden pocket and then move on to a simple garment or stuffy pattern. This summer they make something they will love. All Materials included..
Camp cost $300
What they will learn in Beginning Sewing Camp:
- to use a sewing machine
- how to trouble-shoot simple machine jam-ups and slow downs
- how to use a simple patterns
- simple thread and fabric facts
- the what, why and how of sewing supplies
- lots of repurposing tips, design elements and more
- a little history of sewing, consumer economy, fashion vrs style and how the sewing machine changed it all.
- why their own sense of style is fabulous.