10 – 1pm
class cost $300. materials are available, and students might opt to purchase fabrics on the second day.
How to be sure of this class is right for your teen: can they: use a sewing machine and feel confident sewing a straight line? If not, take a look at our Summer Teen Beginning Sewing If yes: and your teen wants to learn to make clothing, this is the class for them. We learn to decode the commercial pattern so it fits and is fun!
After one week your teen will go home with a garment they designed, made and can wear with pride. AND, the confidence to work a simple pattern on their own
In this class students learn:
- to buy the CORRECT size pattern for their body
- the ‘language of a pattern’ & how to use all the funny symbols printed all over it
- to install a zipper.
We will start to tackle the difficult conversations of:
- body shape and fit
- style & fad
- fabric, texture & drape and why they matter
- when simple alterations make the difference
- how to work with repurposed materials.